All those facts in your last post are not correct. BSNL router is capable of
routing. A DSL router from BSNL have 2 IP addresses, 1.LAN IP 2.WAN IP , The
LAN IP is set to 12.168.1.1 by default but *we can change it*. WAN IP is a
dynamic IP which is allotted for your modem session by the DHCP server of
the ISP which is in this case BSNL. WAN IP is used to access the modem ( and
your network ) from outside the LAN. You can get your current WAN IP ( or
public IP ) from this link : http://www.ip-adress.com/ this address is
changed usually after each reboot of your router. Static IP and Dynamic IP
are defined by the method it is assigned to a computing device. If IP is
assigned manually or set by hand like in the LAN IP of our router, it is
called static IP, but it doesn't mean we can't change it. Dynamic IP is
assigned by the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server. The WAN
IP is allotted to the router, by the DHCP server of the ISP... One can get a
static public IP based on the type of connection provided by the ISP. BSNL
provides upto 50 public IPs for leased line connections...
Freedom Is The Only Law...
Subin Sebastien
College of Engineering
Munnar - 685612