On Sat, 2010-01-23 at 11:58 +0530, Kenney Jacob wrote:
> Instead of a press note in connection with google event, its better to
> give a note about openstreetmap in a general sense. Otherwise it will
> look like the community is bitching and whining.

On the other hand, that could make them more determined to prevent
people from doing any kind of mapping without official sanction. And
that could become counter productive. And we are not really bitching and
whining. We should tell them that the technology freely available today
makes this possible, and the only way to totally prevent it would be to
have a kind of governance that goes against democracy.

Best
--
V. Sasi Kumar
Free Software Foundation of India