I know that this is not the appropriate thread to post this question .. but
since the topic of GIMP and TuxPaint are going on .. I would just like to
ask something ...

MS Paint .. This was one MS application with which all the basic
requirements of painting and sketching would be fulfilled .. so ... is there
any application under GNU which is similar to paint .. ??

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 12:56, V. Sasi Kumar <sasi....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 12:24 +0530, Anoop Jacob Thomas wrote:
> > GIMP for a 5th std student will be difficult. Learning layers and all
> > those stuff. Or what exactly are you looking for GIMP for a 5th std
> > student. (by difficult I don't mean difficult for all) -- JUST A
> > THOUGHT.
> >
> > The student needs to learn pixel, resolution and all those stuff
> > before he does anything with GIMP. Please discard if irrelevant.
>
> Yes, to understand the intricacies of raster graphics would be difficult
> for a 5th standard student. But a basic introduction to GIMP may be
> okay. Another way may be to start with TuxPaint. But a fifth class
> student may find it too child-like. Perhaps, we could first try showing
> TuxPaint and GIMP to students of class 5 and get a feedback on what they
> feel. And then we could decide which one we should start with.
>
> Best
> Sasi
>
> --
> V. Sasi Kumar
> Free Software Foundation of India
> http://swatantryam.blogspot.com

> For details visit the google group page:

Best Regards,
Sistla Venkata Abhishek

II Year Computer Science Student,
/* DB ( MySQL ) , CMS ( Drupal ) , IDE ( NetBeans - 6.8 ) and I speak Java
 */

MHVR , Hyderabad.
Ph: +91 9052 749 799