Hi,

Me and Prasad went and met Thomas Mani sir today. These are the things
we gathered from the meeting

1. They do not need professional support. It is enough to train a few
teachers to install and use GNU/Linux.

2. They need a syllabus and some course materials that are in line
with their current Windows based syllabus - i.e course materials that
teaches the same tasks as the current texts do. eg: Word processing or
browsing the internet. He also gave us the textbooks as a reference.
This syllabus is for 5,6,7 classes and will be same for all classes.
i.e all of them will be taught the same things.

3. The following things must be taught - using a GNU/Linux desktop , a
few basic commands, image editing ( GIMP ) , Document processing (
Openoffice ), some kind of programming introduction (KTurtle ).  A set
of course materials involving this is _very crucial_ now - if we can
deliver something that teaches these things now, the FOSS education
front will start moving smoothly there.

4. The above course plus installation should be taught to the teachers
before June 2. So its crucial to come up with the syllabus in a very
short period - we need more involvement from volunteers who can do
this.  We have at most 2 days.

5. He has asked us to give a proposal on FSUG letterhead about
allotting a classroom every month for our meetings (on a weekend) .
This can lead to Christ Nagar School being the point from where we can
plan our further moves.

6. He wants BlueJ editor installed on all PCs

@Prasad, please add your opinions/observations if I have left out or
misrepresented anything from the meeting.

--
aashik