>From the above discussions, the problem looks like:

An OS  stores information about partitions state at the time of install,
(and details of edits done inside this OS), which it re-establishes whenever
an 'un-authentic' change is observed.
(A malware too could alter partitions, so considering the positive aspects,
total disabling of this feature is not intended.

"An OS" is here personified by Win7/Vista :P
Then it would be better if we can *update that data* in the Windows system *to
the correct way the user intended it to be*. Also its backup copies.
(corresponding to the changes we made in partitions during linux
installation).

This is offcourse not a platform to discuss propreitory work arounds, but I
belive some overrides would become necessary *IF* any OS aggresively
prevents user's wish to have an FOSS OS in his system. I hope somebody
should be able to help..

If everything where open  :P !!

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 7:59 AM, David Shar <dvds...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just download it and run the command or burn to disk. if you have windows
> you can install it directly from windows.
>

> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 7:34 PM, sonal jain <sonaljain....@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> how to install Super Grub Disk ??

>>> +100
>>> --
>>> പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
>>> <GPLv2> I know my rights; I want my phone call!
>>> <DRM> What use is a phone call, if you are unable to speak?
>>> (as seen on /.)
>>>
>>> --
>>> "Freedom is the only law".
>>> "Freedom Unplugged"
>>> http://www.ilug-tvm.org

>>> ilug-tvm-unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
>>>

>>> For details visit the google group page:
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en
>>>

>> --
>>
>> Sonal Kumar Jain
>> RF, Space Physics Laboratory
>> Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
>> Trivandrum 695022
>> INDIA
>>
>> Ph: +91 471 2562906 (O)
>>      +91 9388472745  (M)
>> alternative e-mail: sonaljain...@yahoo.com
>> sonal...@vssc.gov.in
>>
>> --
>> "Freedom is the only law".
>> "Freedom Unplugged"
>> http://www.ilug-tvm.org

>> ilug-tvm-unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
>>

>> For details visit the google group page:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en
>>

>  --

> For details visit the google group page:

      "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
                        Leonardo da Vinci