2010/12/10 maheshmohan...@gmail.com <maheshmohan...@gmail.com>:
> Well. Aneesh, your privacy is already compromised, in case you are thinking
> these much extreme! If you are so much privacy aware, why are you using
> Google services like search, Gmail etc..

Well, if you not even talking about it, how are you going to get rid
of it? It is not a simple one or two person task, it is much more
challenging than liberating software. We have to build things which
respects our privacy before we can abandon thse services. Diaspora,
statusnet/identica, riseup.net all are steps in that direction.

We used Unix to develop GNU/Linux in the early days. Being helpless
about a situation is not the right approach, even if we are
compromising, we have to know about it and think and work towards a
solution. So the first step in that is to be concerned about these.
And one compromise does not automatically imply you should compromise
on another issue. We can't solve all the issues at once, it takes time
and effort. See for example Chamba itself, we want all cultural
products to be free. So should we just stop watching all the films? We
know what we have currently is not the best thing, but before we could
completely stop these, we need to come up with things based on our
philosophy. Even Free Software movement itself took this long to reach
its current stage, at any point people were using non-free software
till we came up with a Free replacement.

The point is, we have a lot of things to do, and we have to keep
working and not lose the goals, even if it takes a long time to
achieve.
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍