Now (after one more day), I cannot access both Ubuntu and Windows.  Error
message: Grub rescue>
I tried to install Windows afresh.  Computer gone stuck after the first
re-start.  (Used 2 different DVDs.  Same effect)
I lost valuable data and 20 GB of classified and customised songs after this
problem.  Now the computer is not booting up.