Well,
I am also a teacher , handling CS for Higher Secondary,

Since Govt schools got SuSE linux, you have to introduce to the students
about SuSE
For the students , it is learning for the First Time,   whereas, we have
started from DOS, Unix then GUI at Win 3.1  Win 98,....WinXp, Vista etc... ,
leads to comparison than learning. Eventually , it is easy for the students
to learn Linux as first timer.

Then , Our learning system makes us to teach "As it is in the Book"   [ The
actual teaching should not be "as is" ]

So, here are my suggestions.

# For C and C++, use "gcc" compiler, along with editors [ just Google , you
will get better understanding.]
[ if you have any trouble, i will send you a simple presentation to give
basic idea ]
# For Star Office, use OpenOffice.
# For Electroni Work Bench, use "Logisim"  [ search , download, install ]
# For HTML, use simple Editors
# For Windows XP , .......leave it to the students, they will understand.

have a nice day
thiagu
--
Home :

Work :
Holy Cross Matriculation Higher Secondary School,
K.N. Colony, [ Ammapet - Udayapatti Area ]
Salem 636014.
Tamil Nadu, India
Ph : 2240888, 2240430 fax 2240567