On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> a hetzner server costs 40 euro a month - if I can get another 5 guys from
> ilugc to contribute, I can set up a mail/web server that we can all use -
> free of the big G and secure (if the best talent in ilugc cannot secure a
> server, god help this planet)

Nice initiative. Am not sure any such 'dedicated' service already exists....

IMHO, most of the guys who end up using Gmail more than Yahoo/M$ are purely
due to the 'threaded' view and the embedded chat in the former.

Venkat
Blog @ http://blizzardzblogs.blogspot.com