On 1/14/11, openbala <damodaran.bal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Parin Sharma <parin.sha...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> --
>> Parin Sharma
>> http://identi.ca/fossmaniac
>>

> Hi, just a thought - it must be that you're just busy & you can't
> change your email id from gmail. Google ads serve topics relevant to
> your email contents if you noticed. Your blog is also in blogspot - I
> guess blogs are harmless even if its hosted by the evil empire - a
> free site for hosting given by them doesn't hurt.

Ya had to get busy with exams!

But I accept and agree to whatever you said, KG too had pointed this
out earlier so as my exams are over I am spending quite  sometime in
coming out of this mess (esp. Google Cloud) because when you talk
about something,and you yourself don't practice it, your words won't
have much impact on audience.

I use Gmail in html mode so Ads aren't there, I know that its not the
best but it is a bit better.

> Also, shouldn't you be concerned about your twitter and facebook
> account - since you are concerned about privacy and the possible
> threat of an insurance company denying insurance to you? Because,
> without your 'browsing pattern' - your tweets and facebook page pretty
> much tells where you live, what you do, what you like and don't.
Yeah, I am concerned about that too, so I have stopped giving them more data.
Well truly the reason I have to be there is because I want to share
FOSS related updates with every one(esp. non-FOSS) to make them
aware,and you know that there are huge no. of them on Facebook
(Unfortunately).

As far as Twitter is concerned, I use it more passively now, and most
of update come through identi.ca but again the reason being on this is
network with FOSS people or make the non-FOSS one's aware.

PS: I truly want to come out of these and I am trying step by step I
will be out of Google cloud soon now have a fastmail account will be
posting from that now onwards.
And waiting for Diaspora to fix the facebook issue.
Twitter one is already fixed with identi.ca as you see in my signature.

--
Parin Sharma
http://identi.ca/fossmaniac