On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 00:23 +0530, "Arun Venkataswamy" <arun...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I am not replying to anyone in particular, just in the spirit of the
> thread.
> So I am neither top or bottom posting!
>
> Excuse me for the dig...
> Wonder how many people in the list will "PAY" for
> a search engine which does not track you
> a web mail service which considers your privacy sacred
> a blog service  which considers your privacy sacred
> a social networking service  which considers your privacy sacred
They are still paying in terms of their data and privacy, but are not
aware of it, and I too wasn't! My aim is that we should make people
aware about what is happening with them, after that its their wish!
> Well, no body is running anything to do charity or public service. They
> run
> businesses.
> If you don't like it don't use it. Simple. Why call them "evil", "greedy"
> when you are drinking their free beer!
> You have a choice.
I agree with this upto a certain extent but business is not about
cheating on your customer, you tell them that, this is happening, after
it is their wish. And as far as we are concerned we should always think
about users, they are in majority, their needs are to be taken care of,
businesses come and go, it is the User who stays!
--
  fossmaniac
  https://identi.ca/fossmaniac