On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:43 AM, arunthe...@gmail.com
<arunthe...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> 1. Trainers who can goto college in person to train the students
>> 2. List of open source projects to contribute
>> 3. Mentors for the students

I am willing to help mentor students if they but visit my company and
so some work for me.

I can occasionally come and speak in colleges but that is difficult.

> If their availability can be guaranteed with internet connection, I think it
> would be a good idea to create a dedicated IRC channel for initial training
> periods. I have been seeing IITMHackers club organizing tutorial sessions
> purely on IRC for things like VIM, Python ..etc. It also introduces them to
> IRC channels which hosts highly technical discussions related to OpenSource
> technologies.

You need not restrict yourself to local facilities. You can also participate in
global mailing lists and stuff.

Of course learning from physical contact with sound engineers and motivated
 hackers always help.

Developing friendship with IIT boys can help you for sure.

> While individual projects can really help in improving a student's
> capabilities and knowledge, I still feel a team of two can be permissible
> (just an optional one), so that they can discuss and work better on the
> projects.

If both you people are motivated enough, yes. Teamwork is always good.

>> I am still a student by lot, and would be grateful to assist the Mentors in
> any way possible. So kindly count me in, as a intermediate person.

Good.

-Girish

--
G3 Tech