On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 6:25 AM, saravana babu <babusaravan...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>  Any opensource ide for iphone developer

If your intention is to develop an "app" for iOS, unless you need the
native OS's features a lot, you can develop a HTML5/CSS3/Javascript based
app and get it to run on the iOS platform. What more, using this approach
you will be able to write code once and be able to run it on multiple
mobile platforms without having to write code specific to each platform. To
me, this is a huge win - especially when I would just like to "test" a
product/concept and refine it. It is also a huge win because from the
beginning you get to develop a web-accessible version of your application
that can be accessed even from a desktop machine. This inclusiveness, I
like!

I found http://trigger.io to be the most pain-free way to achieve this
using the HTML5/CSS3/Javascript approach - the reason this works is because
most modern mobile platforms have a WebKit or equivalent that supports
HTML5 specifications. The typical "Conventional" way to achieve this is to
use PhoneGap / Apache Cordova project - but I have found setting up
PhoneGap to be a pain (actually I couldn't - I gave up after 1 hour of
"trying") and trigger.io Just Worked!

Trigger gives a python tool that can run on GNU/Linux. The tool will submit
your code to trigger.io servers, generates a build out of it and downloads
the build. Then you can 'run' the build. If you have a device connected, it
will load it into the device or, where applicable (like with Android)
trigger will start the emulator if you have installed the Android
Development Kit. However, for iOS, you will still need and iOS device like
an iPad or iPhone.

There are other alternatives to trigger like sencha or even many so called
'do-everything-on-the-cloud' services like Tiggzi, etc.,  I haven't tried
those (I tried sencha and found their 'free' version too restrictive to try
out what I wanted to do and ExtJS is a whole framework I'm yet to wrap my
little head around) and I found Tiggzi and their ilk to be targeting
"developers" who don't want to write any code.

If your intention is to develop "games" or other such "multi-threaded"
stuff, then a Javascript based app may quickly turn into a bottleneck and
will have visibly poorer performance (unless you are a JS guru or have a
team of JS gurus... like Rovio*). In such a case, the best bet would be to
develop a native iOS (or android) app. However, if all you need is a decent
user interface, then Jquery Mobile / Zepto / etc., can be of help and may
be a smarter thing to do especially if the 'solution' you are providing
involves the Internet (ie., the mobile device is just the "user interface"
while the 'brain' of your app sits on the cloud).

* It is worth noting that the famous AngryBirds also has a HTML5 version
but it still doesn't work as smoothly as the native version of AngryBirds
(unless one possess a high spec device). So, writing native apps has its
uses - but I'm assuming 80% of typical "app" development needs can be met
using the HTML5 approach. YMMV.

Cheers,

  -Suraj

--
Career Gear - Industry Driven Talent Factory ~ Amazon Web Services Training
Partner and Consultancy Firm