On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Shrinivasan T <tshriniva...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Friends.
>
> Though we have around 3000 members in our list, only some 20 people will be
> talking in the list.
>
> I hope there 20 people are good background in the Foss world.
>
> Rarely we are getting the mails from newbies.
>
> I am getting many complaints as we are not newbie friendly.

It's true... what I have seen so far. ILUG doesn't have that kind of
acceptance behavior which a novice or a learner wants. No one borns with a
knowledge. We should support everyone and help them to understand what they
want to know or learn. There are many senior and experienced people in this
list but I have seen very less support from them. If someone asks a silly
question(what-if (s)he asks,everyone starts from ZERO) don't underestimate
them. I have many things to say but I would like to wrap-up at this point.
I may be wrong for many so please forgive me for being straightforward.

> When the experienced people are raising many issues and they want the list
> to be fully moderated,
> There won't be any discussion happening here.
>
> Need your ideas and thoughts to make our list even better, newbie friendly,
> filled with activities.
>
> Share your ideas in this thread.

Be supportive and helpful to everyone.

--