On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Asokan Pichai <paso...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am sad to see this. But then, your contribution is independent of any
> acknowledgement it receives from ilugc.
>
> Whether on behalf of or in spite of, please continue the good work.
>
> Probably it is a good idea for ilugc to decide what it stands for and
> articulate the do's and dont's.

Most mailing lists discourage use of the list for promoting or
marketing products to the list members and I do agree with them. The
most prominent reasons being:
a. Reducing spam.
b. Objective of the list being sharing information and not to sell products.

If I had seen LinExpert's notice in another list, I probably would
have posted it here as it benefits and most importantly promotes FOSS.
Will I be asked to stop this? If not, just the fact that Baskar is
also a member is incidental.

FOSS needs a lot of promotion from many quarters to be adopted.
Conducting FOSS in colleges has a good cascading effect in promoting
FOSS. If ILUGC had resources, it would have certainly done this. In
the absence of such resources, some one else doing this as a
commercial enterprise must be supported.

If some folks have the problem with "on behalf of ILUGC" tagline,
maybe they could suggest an alternative tagline. I think it will be in
order that Baskar's efforts are endorsed in some form by ILUGC.

-- Mohan Sundaram