Hi all,
        I did something interesting recently, thot u guys would like to
know. Since xdm (or gdm or kdm) has the inbuilt ability to use XDMCP to
display the desktop on a remote machine, the cygwin port also supports
this. By making minor changes to the default gdm conf (in my case), it
can be made to listen for network requests. The cygwin port of XFree86
http://xfree86.cygwin.com) can be downloaded and used to connect to that
gdm to get a graphical login prompt, i.e. getting X window desktop on a
MS Windows machine. Just found it interesting, so posted it.
        I am not sure about the bandwidth requirements over similar
products like VNC or commercial X Window servers. Does anybody have any
idea ? Or can someone help me measure the bandwidth involved in this,
how can I go about doing it ? Using ethereal or something similar may b
?

thanx
-jasmeet