Dear sir

I have recently installed Linux as a second operating system.
Unfortunately, am facing the following problems while working with it.

1.      My modem is not detected and so I cannot connect to the internet.
Am having internal modem “ Conexant SoftK56 Data,Fax,Speakerphone P “
        Please also give me a detailed way of connecting the internet.

2.      am unable to play mp3 files on xmms though I can successfully run .wav files
on the audio player
I got information about the following plugins from the magazine LINUX FOR U
        XMMS Album List 0.6 / James Curbo
I downloaded it and then executed the exe file as per the instructions ….
But there was no effect
I still couldn’t run mp3 songs.

3.      I don’t know the names of the basic applications under linux
Like I know that in windows browser is “internet explorer” or “netscape”…….i know that
to play songs I can use “winamp” or “media-player”……..
Can u help me by giving some basic information about these little general utilities

4.      like in windows we have  “ c: “ drive…”d:” drive --------I can open these
folders and then see what is there inside them
but how do I access in LINUX ?
am not aware about  : which extension implies what type of file and application

5.   is there some way by which I can access data on my other partition (where windows
is       installed ) through the linux.

I shall be very greatful if u kindly help me in solving the above stated problems
Please reply at the earliest.

Thanking you
Anuj ([EMAIL PROTECTED])