As far as I understand, NTFS 5.0 (which windows XP runs) is not supported
under linux.
You might be lucky to be able to mount and able to read (unless you have
something complicated like filestreams or encrypted (or otherwise
redirected) volumes) NTFS but it would be *extermely dangerous* to write to
NTFS 5.0 from linux.

NTFS 4.0 (windows NT) should work okay (though even that is not recommended
to mount rw)

With Warm Regards
Tarun Upadhyay

Induslogic Inc.