On Thursday 07 August 2003 09:29 am, you wrote:
> Actually, what would make more sense is to have the meeting closer to
> August 25th the birthday of Linux. In fact, the 12th birthday! But that
> also happens to be a Monday so the closest would be Aug 24th rather than
> pre-poning.
>
> Cheers...Kishore

hey great idea and thinking by kishori amonkar. may i recommend we all pool
in some extra money that day and throw a birthday bash for tux as well?
instead of the mundane, old cake kind of celebration, we could do something
different, some nice indian sooji ka halwaa, or rasmalai, or something, and a
lighting of 25 lamps rather than blowing out 25 candles with stinking breath
over the cake....?

would make a great, unusual photo, and would be more fun to do.

let's celebrate on 24th august, the 25th birthday, and make a small press
release out of it. if all you guys agree, i'll make the press release.
someone else will have to invite the press.

hope the news and the photos make it to the press.

:-)
LL