On Monday 18 August 2003 11:14 pm, you wrote:
> Hey,
> I have got a peculear problem.I can make the kppd up and get connected
> but I cannot browse the net nor I can run the Ximian.All have to do is
> disconnect the kppd and then run the neat and activate the modem
> connection and then browse the net...What the hell with this kppd.The
> icon connectivity icon appears on the desktop but not able to be
> online...Can you help me please..
> Somnath Bera

well, go to KPPP's indicator lights on your taskbar once you are online,
click on it, and then click on 'details'

if 'bytes in' shows 64 and continues to stay at it while the 'bytes out'
seems to grow (or perhaps stay static) it is most probably an ISP related
problem. just disconnect and retry a few minutes later or often even
immediately, and it works. i suppose this is how the internet traffic system
works, in spurts, and we have peculiar latency and other issues here with
some ISPs. okay i may be totally off the mark, but i know from experience
that this happens, and the jugaad i am recommending works.

:-)
LL