On Monday 18 August 2003 11:21 pm, you wrote:
> Dear Sir,
> I have just purchased an HP Deskjet 3420 printer and to my dismay it
> does not print in linux.It gets installed but does not print...Please
> help me..
>
> thanks in advance..
> S.Bera

you need to do two things:

1) use CUPS (google)
2) you need some reference books on hand, for instant solutions.
get hold of peter norton's book, and a series of books targetted towards
admin, maintenance, and troubleshooting gnuLinux. i recommend the craig hunt
linux library series. also noted tldp.org, is a bit outdated. someone
recommended yolinux.org a few weeks ago, and found that quite neat as well.

:-)
LL