Two things
1. Before starting the installtion process, verify that the media is
fine. Redhat by default does this.
2. After you make the partitions there is an option to check for bad
blocks on the partitions (forgot where exactly, but it has to be there),
run that.

-js
Its not how fast you go up, its how slow you come down