> so the question is, if such a 486 pc, or a pentium I, is connected via
> ltsp to an amd athlonxp with redhat8 or 9, with a graphics card that
> supports 800x600 24-bit, would it still be able to handle gnome or
> kde...? and running openoffice? all streaming in from the amd athlonxp
> server?

It is possible except for finding appropriate hardware.

I would love to use thin client terminals made out of pc104 boards.
It would come out smaller than size of a cdrom drive.

Then again it would be chaeper to buy via c3 nano boards or mini-itx
then searching for those mythical pentium 1 and 486's. and these babies
would obviously perform better with better i/o devices built-in.

Supreet

--
supreet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>