On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 08:53, Kamal Karnatak wrote:
> HI All
>
> I have just configured "squid" on one Linux box which acts as a child cache
> for one of the parent cache.I am able to browse through this proxy server
> but whenever I am trying to access google or any mail site it is not going
> further .If I search something in yahoo or google it is not able to search
> while it is able to search if I go through parent proxy server . Where am I
> wrong .

Use the command ``tail -f /usr/local/squid/logs/access.log'' while you
browse through Google/mail sites. That would provide more hints why you
are facing problems. If you see
/usr/share/doc/squid-2.5.STABLE1/FAQ-6.html you will find the Squid
result codes which will provide more hints to you in analyzing the
access log.

Hope that helps.
--
   / \__