>     i have done 'A' level from 'DOEACC' in july 2003. i am interested in
> linux application development, and from last one year i am working on
> linux.i can have good knowledge of  'C' and 'C++' and from last six months
> am working on 'school anagement project' ('A' level project) which is on
Qt
> toolkit and MySql. due to fresher i am not getting any call from any
company
> or placement. many of my friends are saying that there is no job for C &
C++
> at this level('A' level) and you are wasting your time in linux. all work
of
> development in linux are done only by highly qualified professionals. your
> have just one option just move to .NET.
> is it so, i want to know at this level have i any chances of job, i can
not
> do any advance course in linux (due to financial reason), or i switch to
> windows.
The situation with development jobs is not as good as it used to be a few
years back. Nowadays getting a job as a fresher is real tough. If you are
really intrested in getting a Linux job programming in C/C++, then I would
suggest 2 things:

1. Start working with one or more OSS projects in the areas where you would
like to work. Contribute some code, understand the projects, etc. This is
very valuable if you want to get some experience developing linux apps and
would also count as good experience for a lot of people.

2. Subscribe to the Linux India Programmer's List (I don't know how to do
this now, was a member of this list. Last I remember, it was hosted on
SourceForge!) This list has a lot of Linux programmers from India, and
frequently has job postings. In any case this is a good list if you are
programming on Linux.

And keep on applying for every job that even remotely matches your profiles.
And don't forget placement consultants. They are important when you need a
job! Just don't go to the ones who ask for upfront payment. Those are people
you should strictly avoid. Any decent placement consultant would like to
work with you and place you in an appropriate job

Linux programming doesn't have the number of jobs Web Development, J2EE or
MS.NET. And I would agree with your friends that C/C++ jobs are real hard to
land if you don't have a proper engineering or MCA degree.

For C/C++ jobs, one solution that you can is to apply to Quark and keep your
fingers crossed. At least till a year back, they seemed to employ anyone who
was willing to go and work in Chandigarh, and who had some basic C/C++
knowledge. This is based on my assessment of people who were selected by
Quark! According to my friends who have worked there, the company sucks as a
place to work, as their HR practices are quite bad. But then you get to work
for a big name company on some real nice products. Quark has a lot of C/C++
work, but mostly in Mac and Windows platforms.And you can always change to
better companies from there!

Ambar Roy