A gud idea is to start working on open source for some
time. Ex: Novell/Gnome was having some bounties ..am
not sure if the date still exsists jst check it out

http://www.gnome.org/bounties/
(here u can work, earn and get a world wide fame)
OR jst start fixing any of the defect in any open
source project. Submit few patches and that's it. U
will be in, with lot of real project experience.

-Jayant
--- ramesh chandra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>