1. You are right - vmware is not freeware, but your 30 day version would do good for your testing.
2. P 233, with 128 MBRAM is going to be challenging to run multi-os - but vmware is most ideally suited for this. (With 128 MBRAM, make sure that you do not run X stuff in it.)

regards,
alok sinha

Vikas Upadhyay wrote:

hi,
vmware is not a freeware,  may download 30 day evaluation version from their
site.
checked their website and got this information:
$299 electronic distribution
$329 packaged distribution
damn costly for learning purpose !!!!

is there any freeware or cheaper software available for the same (costing
around 1/10 th ).
i have a pentium 233Mhz machine with 128 mb ram and, i wish the virtual
machine software runs on this machine demanding the least resources.

regards,
vikas

Download vmware from the net - it allows you to make virtual machines on
your one single system and then interconnect them... put multiple
linuxes and cluster them. You will not need another computer to do any
kind of testing.

regards,
alok sinha

Ritesh Agrawal wrote:

Hi Every One,

I need a mentor for linux clusters, I have studied 'Building Linux

Clusters ' (Oreilly) , but have no workplace to implement them. I need a
mentor who can guide me step by step about linux clusters or anyone who
want to share his knowledge with me.

looking forward from your side

regards
Ritesh Agarwal