For UML - you can download adios - a live cd distribution which allows you to run multiple linuxes at the same time - *without* installing on your hard disk.
Adios is real cool for just being the live linux. try out the UML, which is the icing on the cake - works without efforts, with almost no configuration requirements.

regards,
alok sinha