On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 18:19, LinuxLingam wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 08:10, Sudev Barar wrote:
> > Listers (particularly graphic guys),
> use sodipodi, or inkscape, with sketch. and cinepaint.
[SNIP]
Thanks LL.

> don't bother with cdr files. just convert them to ps or eps, or tiff or
> jpg (if they are pixeltones) and open them in sketch if vector, or
> cinepaint if pixeltone.
[SNIP]
That is the point. The guys around are so used to Coreldraw that the
incoming files and outgoing files have to .cdr
This situation is quite like office applications...I still need to
interact with the world so need to be able to read and write in M$
formats :-(

> [personally, i don't think corel was ever a great graphics package, it
> just became 'rather popular' in india due to certain 'condusive
> circumstances'...]
Yeah and that is how most of the software has become ingrained in to
usage.

Anyways will try to demo sodipodi etc. to this friend and see if he can
be converted to Linux cause.
--
Sudev Barar

Learning Linux