On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 12:21, LinuxLingam wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 09:18, vivek khurana wrote:
> > --- Raj Shekhar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >  There will always be newbies in every meet, so does
> > it means introduction becomes a defato start up?? This
> > intro is good in newbies meet, but i would go against
[SNIP]
> so, every ilug-d meet must have a newbie orientation. for 15 minutes. a
> welcome to the community. a special gesture of encouragement and support
> on this precarious path of migration.
[SNIP]

1. Right besides you in thoughts and deed.
Newbie meets and newbie intros and CD distributions at college seminars
should be a priority for any LUG.
2. How did I learn Linux (and still learning)? From peers who are
further down the road. How do I repay the community? By helping others
behind me. If all "learned" members pull away from this list who will be
left? All confused people migrating back to honey-trap arms of
$$$oftware.

I quite liked Raju's idea that join other lists too, existing in plenty.
Also there is restriction in organising other meets than the monthly
meet.
--
Sudev Barar

Learning Linux