On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 17:20, anil bindal wrote:
> We  have lots of non-technical employees who need to create
> files/directory shares on their red hat linux machines.
Make a public directory in someplace like /home/public
As su "chmod 777 /home/public"
Any user then can make a folder / file in this directory AND can also
set up the permissions for others with simple right click and properties
or "chmod 770 /home/public/xyz" or other appropriate permissions 750 740
or even 700 for not sharing.
If the groups are already created the he can also right click properties
and change group or run "chown user:group /home/public/xyz" Sharing with
a single other user can be achieved by "chown user:user2
/home/public/xyz" as all users have their individual groups created.
Should be working without having to setup through swat / webmin.
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux