vivek wrote:

i am currently on 24online cable internet. it automatically disconnects as soon as it rains, has crawling speeds, caching of pages on the server and many other issues. so am planning to get a wireless connection which i think will resolve all my problems and will get good speed too as its from tata/vsnl. any comments?

Latency should be a major issue on these networks, as some people here on the list have told me earlier. That means while downloads will be fast, browsing will be fast, interactive sessions like ssh/telnet, voice, etc. will be crawling. Some people had reported latency to be worse than dialup in some cases. So unless you plan to do remote admin work using this, this could be a good option. But since people of this specific need would be about 0.0001% of the target population i dont think these people will bother to inform such problems.

This plan is interesting though. Wonder if reliance plans to come up with a competitive scheme soon? ;)

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya
sandip (at) puroga.com

GPG: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3