From: "Kunal Singhal (Linux)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Linux Delhi User Group" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [ilugd] Query regarding FC2 Installation
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:18:10 +0530

HI

In the recent mails in the mailing list, I have learned about the problem of installing Fedora Core 2 on a dual boot system since it changes the Partition Format from LBA to CHS.

The solution suggested by someone was to manually select LBA option for the hard disk from the BIOS.

I have Intel D865GBF Original motherboard with Seagate 80GB SATA Hard Disk.
In the BIOS settings, if I select the HDD to Auto mode,
the BIOS takes LBA Support as Enabled.
If I select User Mode,
then the BIOS gives me the options to set LBA Mode to either "Disabled" or "Auto"

What should I do now?
Should I keep it to Auto and proceed with the Installation or still wait for Fedora to patch the problem.

Secondly, I wanted to know about swap space allocation. I have read that the swap space should normally be twice the size of RAM. I currently have 256 MB RAM, so i have a swap partition of 512MB. But I am planning to upgrade to 1 GB Ram. What swap space should I Allocate Now?? Should it be 2 GB or less?

Thanks in advance to everyone who helps me out.

Kunal

Looking for something? Cant find it anywhere? http://go.msnserver.com/IN/50756.asp Log onto baazee.com