Okay. I know I am gonna be flamed for this, but still
I couldn't help notice a distinct inclination of all
the gentlemen who are sort of at the core of Delhi
LUG, to refrain from using words like 'please' towards
those who seem to be newbies.

"Santosh, try not to hijack a message thread."

"Santosh, please try not to hijack a message thread."

Santosh, unless he's terribly matey with you, would
sure have appreciated the second sentence better. Or,
I don't know, may be Santosh isn't that big on
politeness, but I am sure most new people who join
this list do. Being curt and elitist is not gonna get
Linux anywhere. If we are out here to win friends and
influence people, politeness is the first thing we
should get right.

But then this is just my opinion, and I can be wrong.

Regards
Gurinder