On Sat, 2004-08-07 at 16:11, Gurinder Singh wrote:
> Okay. I know I am gonna be flamed for this, but still
> I couldn't help notice a distinct inclination of all
> the gentlemen who are sort of at the core of Delhi
> LUG, to refrain from using words like 'please' towards
> those who seem to be newbies.
Gurinder,
There is no disrepect in use / non-use of "please". Email is quick
informal way and I will treat all participants of any mailing list as my
friends. Just as you do not type "Dear Gurinder, with respect to you
missive of instant in response to my response to Santosh's message...."
while using email.
Secondly there are many instance of thread hijacking and those of us who
do have threaded view enabled or do a subject id search find messages
popping up in middle of some where they are not supposed to. Pointing
this out once in while is useful for all concerned.
Lastly unless I got a gentle tap on my wrists I also did not realise the
mistakes I was committing (or continue to commit).
And there is no core, be active and you are the core.

[SNIP]
> Linux anywhere. If we are out here to win friends and
> influence people, politeness is the first thing we
> should get right.
> But then this is just my opinion, and I can be wrong.
You are welcome to hold on to it ;-)
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux