On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 17:05, Ankur Rohatgi wrote:
> | On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 10:44 -0700, Rohit Kumar wrote:
> |
> |>hi there....
> |>i tried to configure the TATA INDICOM connection on windows, you would
> |>not need the cd's installer..
> |>here are the settings/parameters that i set on windows 98(without
> |>running the setup)
<snip>
> Actually, this does help a great deal, thanks Rohit. Atleast i now know
> that i dont need that CD and based on the info from your email, one
> should be able to get this working in Linux, i will try and report back.
>
> I tried it on windows yesterday and it didnt work, i spoke to the call
> center and they needed to 'activate' it on my phone, which will be done
> in 2 days ... what the ^%#$ ? So i find out tomorrow.

hi ankur

any success with getting that phone online with linux? i temporarily
have one phone with me, tata have not yet enabled data calls for me so
can't connect to the net. however using the phone at a friend's system
(windows) to connect to the net gave "Call Failed" error, & when i tried
the same using wvdial, no error came despite providing the same
initialization commands (AT) as in windows.

afaik the only important thing that tata installer do in windows is put
extra initialization commands that's all. anything else i'm missing
here? and does it work only on COM1 in windows? any specific reason for
that?

--
                                        \|||/
                                        (o o)