On Wednesday 18 Aug 2004 12:00 am, vivek wrote:

> any success with getting that phone online with linux? i temporarily
> have one phone with me, tata have not yet enabled data calls for me so
> can't connect to the net. however using the phone at a friend's system
> (windows) to connect to the net gave "Call Failed" error, & when i tried
> the same using wvdial, no error came despite providing the same
> initialization commands (AT) as in windows.
>
> afaik the only important thing that tata installer do in windows is put
> extra initialization commands that's all. anything else i'm missing
> here? and does it work only on COM1 in windows? any specific reason for
> that?

IF you are talking about the FWP phone, then my document on getting it running
on Linux using wvdial is at
http://www.lug-delhi.org/ConfiguringNetwork/DialUp/RelianceISP which I use
whenever my cable net goes down.

It should work for you too (you should check the ISP phone number code though)
because the phone models for both Reliance and Tata Indicom FWP are the same.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya    *    Puroga Technologies   *     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work: http://www.puroga.com        *         Home: http://www.sandipb.net

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to
do.
                -- R. A. Heinlein