On Friday 06 January 2006 12:24, Viksit Gaur wrote:
> but how many SOHOs actually have networked offices?
> Not too many.

That situation imo exists because it is too expensive for them to get more
desktops and then get them networked. Once the thin clients become popular
(which Google can achieve by its level of marketing) then we will surely see
more SOHO's with networking and thin clients. In fact it can also help
institutions like schools and colleges who want their students to access only
limited amount of content which could be already present on their servers.

Not having enough bandwidth or speed of our "so called" broadband connections
will be detrimental only to plans of using content right from the internet
but then how many work are we doing like this anyways and by the time such
functionality reaches to the masses you will be having uncapped connection
with good bandwidth (at least I hope so) :)

Regards,
Abhay