On 03/03/06, ankit walia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> actually on usb port i hv attached pendrive
> i hv used mount /dev/sda1 /anyfolder
> cant it be self check like cd rom
>
> On 3/3/06, ankit walia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > i hv red hat 9 linux version 2.4.x
> > plz help
> > nahi ho raha
> > always i hv to use mount /dev/sda1 /anyfolder

> > > where's your Gramma(r)? ;-)

Ankit
Plainly speaking you are not likely to get help if you top post, use
non-English words or try to use abbreviation. You will do better if
you can spend some time reading list rules or ettiquetes. Two guys
before me have pointed this out in joking manner but since you ignored
this I am writing this in plain language for your consideration.

Now on to the problem:
1. Are you sure your pen drive is recognised as /dev/sda1 ?? Run as
sudo or root "tail -f /var/log/messages" before you connect the drive.
Now see the output when you connect There are other ways of finding
the device, read the net.
2. Once identified run as sudo or root "mount -t vfat /dev/sda1
/mnt/mountpoint. Make sure that /mnt/mountpoint exists or run mkdir to
create this.
3. If you want automounting then you will have to dig in deeper and do
"man fstab" Understand how this works and then go ahead. Alternatively
find distro like Ubuntu that is already set to do so.

Hope this is clear. Enjoy.
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux