On 28-Oct-06, at 8:00 PM, Sudev Barar wrote:

>> what is the connection between that article and government policies?
>>

> KG IMHO only an AR would not see it coming......
> Pouring my money on Win deployments and licensing that is so
> restrictive. You got to talk to babus and PSU Managers to find out how
> many of them are waiting to get the latest greatest system installed.
> If you have any issues...flame on ;-)

i did not intend it as a flame - fyi, parts of the central govt and
many state governments want to implement foss - but they dont have
the resources or knowledge to do so. And we dont have the man power
to do anything much. The foss community is busy being cynical, except
for a very few. Its simple - any govt department wants foss -
knowledgeable people must be available to guide them. We have
interacted with ilugc on this and are now also working with ilugd -
anyone is welcome to be part of the process - we will introduce you
to the concerned departments/universities etc etc - the rest is up to
you.

ps - what is an AR?

--
regards