On 14/11/06, Frederick FN Noronha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sudev,
> Please advice... attached is a PDF which explains the issue (not sure
> if it's for ZTE too). FN

FN

Can we keep this on the list? Others can ship in and also help?

The procedure described in the way to go. That is why I have been
asking out out of /var/log/messages (when card is inserted and then
removed) to first determine if the module needs to be loaded or is
already getting loaded and device assigned.

Once we get the device assigned (/dev/ttyS0 in the article) then we
move on to modem initialisation strings. Usually "atz" is sufficient
but this may also involve extended strings just like the article
describes for making voice calls. Or as Spoonmans post earlier
suggested. Nokia site has a pretty comprehensive document covering lot
of extended init string syntaxes.

Some getting the feet wet issue to be overcome but likely chances are
good to get this working. If any one at ILUGD has ATZ card and is
willing to bring t to next meeting we try to carck this but till then
we will have to make a attempt on doing this with emails.
Sudev Barar