Kenneth Gonsalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> looking at this:
> http://www.linux-delhi.org/cgi-bin/anCMS/members.cgi?
> action=sortDirectory&sortOn=state&sortOrder=1&filterField=&filterText=
>
> one can sort by state - not by locality. Also, 5000 odd members are
> shown - if we go by chennai poll, only 5% would be active members -
> 250? Sounds high. So culling from the database would not be of much
> help. Unless a locality field is added to the db and members are
> requested to fill in the locality field. Most of them would have
> forgotten their passwords anyway - so I think the wiki would be

There is no 'locality' field, but 'city' should do exactly the same, and it is
searchable. There is a 'street' field too, but presently not searchable.
Searching for 'Shahadara' does get a list of 5 members, so it works too:-)

I am looking to upgrade ILUG-D CMS system (which has much better search, in
addition to many other goodies :-), but have stumbled on an unforeseen issue. I
developed the upgrade on my home PC which has mySQL Ver. 4.1.11, whereas the one
on ILUG-D host is 3.23.44. Since changes are more than just a few, I was hoping
that it would be easier to upgrade mySQL. However, Raj is understandably very
busy, and there are probably other systems on that host that access mySQL, and
need to be coordinated with the mySQL upgrade as well.

Regards,
Nishi