On 04-Mar-07, at 1:31 PM, Anand Shankar wrote:

> 3. Format: Content Presentation is proposed to be HTML,
> Printer-Friendly HTML and PDF. Content submission is proposed to be
> either offline-ODF or through a Web based mechanism which will
> generate ODF for the editors. The intention is to be able to make
> content submission as easy as possible and also have the input
> resources in a standard format so as to be able to make standard and
> print-ready PDFs without much effort. Opinion is sought on how to have
> a system which covers the Word-Processing-to-DTP-OffsetPrinting cycle
> and is most optimal. Multimedia content is not currently intended for
> hosting immediately, but should be FOSS compliant whenever we are
> ready.

you are needlessly complicating things. Just make a wiki for heavens
sake. See how the mumbai guys did it in making their brochure:

http://db.glug-bom.org/wiki/index.php/Linux_Brochure

let everyone contribute - when it's ready, make pdf files and let
anyone print it out. The paragraph above sounds like a submission to
the board of directors of some MNC.

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves