Hello all,
  As part of an effort to have an active free software development
programme at Sarai, we, as in the FOSS people at Sarai, are looking
to integrate ourselves into (a) internal practices at Sarai,
particularly audio/video production, and publication in Indian
languages, including English, (b) the local FOSS community in Delhi,
and in India, and (c) the real world outside, in terms of deployment
of Indic, and other open-source software.

  To start with the easiest thing, we are specifically targetting
audio/video production practices at CyberMohalla, and at Sarai. This
has been tried in the past, but practitioners are frustrated at problems
with the open-source applications that seem never to get resolved, and
are on the verge of switching to Windows/Mac.

  Towards this end, I have prepared a list of open-source applications,
and a plan of action at http://indlinux.org/wiki/index.php/CM_Multimedia
However, I have next to no familiarity with open-source tools in this
area, and would appreciate help in this regard. Please follow up here,
email me privately, or edit the Wiki page directly (in order to edit
the page you will need to register via the link at the top right).
Please note that we are interested in a focussed approach that
approaches a resolution in 3-5 months time. So, please tell us about
stuff that you have direct experience with, and not something that you
have heard about, or happened to come across. Also, anybody in the NCR
region with experience in any of these tools, particularly Blender, and
with some time to spare, is cordially invited to stop by Sarai, and talk
to us.

Regards,
Gora