On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 11:05 +0530, Sudev Barar wrote:
> This is OT here but with collective wisdom of readers can any one
> ppoint me to any resource on command sets to be used for downloading
> data from GPS units that connect on to usb ?
>
> I have tried gpsbable and gpstrans but they provide mostly for garmin
> gps's. I am using a gps serial data logger and when i connect through
> terminal programm I can acquire real time data. However I want to
> download data that has been spooled in the gps memory (sort of file
> download).
[...]

What GPS unit do you have? If you can let me borrow it for a day or
two, I can probably help you debug it. I have worked with GPS units,
but with a serial port interface. Are you sure that it does not have
such an interface, besides the USB one? Also, at least when I looked
at them some 6 years ago, Garmin user-grade GPS units were much better
than others in the market.

Regards,
Gora