Ravi Shanker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 22:34 +0530, Linux Lingam wrote:
>
>> kenneth, i've already taken my own ass by mentioning how shamelessly i rely
>> on google for my total internet experience. please read my earlier posting
>> carefully. so you can save your energy. :-)
>> hehehee
>>
>> :-)
>> niyam
>
> Niyam, do you want GOoGle to give you the Gmail codes and technical
> architecture so that you will develop better email solution from it and
> server the Humanity. Google gives you the best what it can give you. It
> gives you best search Engine for world, and it gives best environment to
> developers so that they can build something best for you.
> In the book "The Google Story" or somewhere on internet, the Brin or
> Page said that the competitors are always trying to make google
> miserable, but what the Google's more that 2000 engineers in search
> engine project doing, they are doing the pure engineering and research.

Google technologies, would have been more better, if they've released
them under GPL kind of license like Affero GPL[1]. By doing that, their
technologies will be reviewed by community. And license like Affero
GPL, will also provide protection to Google, from their technologies
becoming closed sourced.

> Google spends a lot (not only its money, but also dev resources) to make
> Opensource better. ANd not  opensource is the only topic in compute and
> IT.

It seems, you mean that Microsoft is also doing good by closing their
source code. And BtW, Microsoft also has their research division
Microsoft Research, doing some cool research, and spending lots of
money on R&D stuff. And open source is not some topic, it is a philosphy.

> And for rest of the thing, just think what would have happened if Google
> have charged you just a penny for its service. We would have been in
> less better computer world.

Free Software is not about money, it is about freedom to do whatever
you wanted to do (including modifying) with software, except making it
closed source. So, if Google charges money for their service, it is
fine, they're running clusters of servers, and they need someway to
pay for the cost of running clusters.

> Please search for the youTube video "The Future of technology : By Eric
> Schmidt" national venture capital Association, 2006 ANNUAL MEETING.
> April 26, 2006.
> and watch what they say to people for better service and how they are
> giving out money to make world better.
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> ------------------------------------
> Ravi S. Kr
> Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Homepage : http://ra21vi.googlepages.com
> Blog    : http://ra21vi.blogspot.com
> ------------------------------------

[1] http://www.affero.org/oagf.html#How_does_this_license_protect_the

Thanks
Ashish Shukla
- - --
Ashish Shukla "Wah Java !!"
आशीष शुक्ल

weblog:   http://wahjava.wordpress.com/
webpages: http://wahjava.googlepages.com/

((_/)o o(\_)) | >Q: Are you sure?                                          |
 `-'(. .)`-'  | >>A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation. |
     \_/      | >>>Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?                     |