On 7/1/07, Roshan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
.

> I'm not sure if my example suits well in here, but I
> would like to ask this. Did BITS-Pilani get its
> reputation because of being able to have tie-up with
> few of top 5 IT majors or did BITS-Pilani have (or
> has) the quality of a unique academic institution?

<Possibly OT>
1. They had a visionary management who wanted to the institution to
achieve greater heights. I should mention that that the Academic
Programs at BITS Pilani were greatly influenced by the BITS Pilani -
MIT (US) Collaboration which started in mid sixties and continued in
early seventies. I am not aware of any similar collaborations if they
are having these days. Similarly, all IITs have been individually
influenced by a country specific collaboration. IITK with US, IITD
with UK etc.

2. The social circumstances at BITS Pilani, starting early fifties to
mid-seventies is also a great factor in making BITS Pilani having a
reputation today.

I was born in that campus, so I know.
<OT>

Tie-ups have been a key factor in building these institutions.

anand