Hi,

This e-mail has been CCed to Nagarjuna (FSF-India).

On 7/27/07, PJ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Interesting.
>
> Come to think of it, this is the same way the MTNL adsl modems are in
> violation
> of the GPL. At least, I haven't seen any notice that says GPL source
> available for them on the MTNL website.
>
> The MTNL modem in the office for example runs a 2.6.8 linux kernel on a
> hardware
> spec of 235.52 bogomips/6MB ram. It'd be fun to hack away at it.

Which modem model number?

Yes, indeed. Everyone can afford it. Will be useful to do development
with it, if we can flash it, or atleast download the kernel image onto
RAM and run it from there. Can use it as a platform to learn embedded.

Time for some action, and info on a wiki?

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com