Hello Friends

For one of my Hindi-speaking colleagues in Calcutta I am installing
Ubuntu. I am a regular user of the Bangla things in Ubuntu. What I do is
that install the Bangla fonts and add a keyboard layout (in my case
Probhat) from the System->Preference->Keyboard->Layout menu. But, in
case of hindi, I installed all Hindi things from apt-get, they are all
OK, but I am not getting any Hindi Keyboard in the India section of Add
Keyboard Layouts. There are Bangla, Tamil, Gurmukhi, and others, but no
Devnagari or something like that. What to do? Something else I have got
to install?

---
das