On 8/16/07, Kenneth Gonsalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 16-Aug-07, at 10:25 AM, das দাশ wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 06:51 +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> >> i think ubuntu calls hindi as 'indian'
> >
> > Yes, finally I could do it. And got the layout from the Net too.
> > Everything is working fine now. Thank you.
>
> this 'indian' bug has been around in ubuntu for quite some time now -
> why dont the ubuntu fans do something about it?

its not really  a bug &  neither ubuntu specific!.. thats just because
in recent versions of Xorg , the keymaps were organized country wise (
earlier it was language wise!)... so all maps for Indic scripts are in
one map file 'in' ...  in this devanagari one has be set to default -
(one of the maps in a file has to be default)... so its available as
'India',  while other maps could accessed by specifiying the variant
too   in(guj) , in(bolnagri) etc..

Karunakar